April 27, 2011

It's been a good year ~ Thank you all

I wanted to take a few moments and thank all of the people who have supported me in the past year. On April 6th, 2010 I entered my first Photoshop contest at FreakingNews.com. I was immediately hooked and began doing photo-manipulations as fast as I could turn them out. I entered 215 contests, most in less than 6 months. On May 30th, 2010 I attempted my first caricature and entered it into a contest. From that day, I knew what I wanted to do and have been working towards it ever since. I have a long way to go and an enormous amount to learn, but I’m doing what I love. Yes, it's been a good year. I am extremely fortunate to be where I am in such a short period of time. I'm not where I'm headed yet, but I'm on my way. On October 14th, 2010 I started my blog and a Facebook page about the same time. The image below is a jumbled up mess of screen captures with some pretty awesome statistics on my Blog, Facebook, Linkedin etc. and glimpses into a few places I can be found on the web. All achieved in 1 year with your support. Please click the image below to view full.
  
Click here to view full

Here are a few interesting facts about what, with your support, you guys have helped me achieve in 1 year.
My Blog has 77,300+ hits and 450+ total followers from 152 Nations since October. WOW! I have 1,865+ Facebook Friends in the same period of time. I also just started a Facebook Fan Page in February and it already has 200+ Likes. I have 1,200+ direct business connections at Linkedin, which I just joined on October 31st 2010. I have 400+ DeviantArt.com Followers since August 2010. The support has been incredible. I have been commissioned by Bauer Media Group UK to do 10 Photo-Manipulated Caricature Illustrations for FHM Magazine and Tennis Magazine in the past 4 months. An absolutely unbelievable break for me and so soon. The following are links to some of my online portfolios I’ve built in the past year also with your support:

Facebook Personal Page
Facebook Fan Page
DeviantArt
Behance Network
NetworkedBlogs
TalentHouse
Linkedin
Flickr Photostream
Wittygraphy The Caricature Community
ISCA
YouTube Channel
Myspace
and about 40 other blogs / portfolios / listings which can be found on my Google Profile.

I owe all of you, my friends a debt of gratitude. I have had tremendous support everywhere I've been and as you can see, accomplished a good bit in 1 year. Thanks so much to all of you who have given me the support and encouragement to push on. I thank you in advance for your continued support as I learn from the masters and grow as an artist. I have met far too many good friends to count along the way and I hope to make many more. Yes, it's been a good year and I am the luckiest man in the world, but 2011 is going to be even better so don't go anywhere.



I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!