August 25, 2011

Barack Obama Profile Study

Tonight I'm posting the finished study of Obama's profile. The source image was very fuzzy and extremely noisy at 1:1 so I did a lot of experimenting with texture and detail. People have been asking me why I haven't posted much lately. Well, there are a couple of reasons. One, I've been busy with some small commissions... which is good, and I have been studying Photoshop every day. I'm spending a lot of time on tutorials and experiments but that's what it's going to take for me to get to the top of my game. I'm amazed at all of the things I didn't bother to learn in the past year. A lot of them are very basic to Photoshop as the video demonstrates below. I have been learning Channels, Masking, Refine Edge, Camera Raw, Bridge and really interesting stuff with actions. I'm starting to record a few actions of things I have learned. Now that I know how to use and make them, I plan on building a library of actions which ultimately will save me an enormous amount of time. The video below is just an example of how basic some of these things are that we overlook or don't think we have time for. Check out the related videos on this guys channel. He has some great stuff, he explains it well and allows you to actually keep up. I want to become proficient at Photoshop so I will be studying for a while, but I am going to get back into posting more in the coming days. I'm going to find a good subject to work on tomorrow before turning in tonight.

Lets take some time and see just what Photoshop can do.









Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!