January 21, 2013

Bouguereau's Eugeneia The Lonely Bride

This is the latest edition to my Mr Bean collection. This time I've chosen a portrait of a young lady by William Bouguereau. I enjoy doing these painting manipulations because it's always challenging matching color and texture. This is where I learn and develop new techniques. I especially enjoy creating new textures. In this manipulation, unlike most of my Bean manipulations, he looks sort of sad so I searched for female names in Greek and found the perfect one. Eugeneia, which in the Greek means "well worn". Who wants a bride with the name well worn, hence "The Lonely Bride". I never know what I'm going to come up with when I start these projects. If you look closely, you'll see that the source image for this piece is the exact same one used in my last piece, just flipped.














Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!